Imaging & Tracing
High-end infrastructure for advanced translational molecular imaging to support drug development
The EATRIS Imaging and Tracing Platform provides a single point of entry to high-end expertise and cutting edge translational imaging facilities, defragmenting the scattered nature of technical know-how and making optimal use of resources to improve R&D output.
With over 35 institutions, the Imaging and Tracing platform covers the entire scope of tracer development and molecular imaging and offers multi-centre clinical trials capabilities with validated imaging-based biomarkers.
Disease-specific tracers, contrast agents and radiolabeled drugs (manufactured to GMP guidelines in certified labs) can be tested pre-clinically and clinically in combination with a full range of high-end multi-modal imaging techniques (PET/MRI, PET/CT, SPECT, ultra-high field MRI, MRS, ultrasound or optical) and advanced image analysis.
Benefits of Imaging for Drug Development:
- Visualisation and quantification of disease targets and therapy responses help to understand disease mechanisms and enhance the prediction of therapeutic efficacy of new drug compounds.
- Dose finding studies can be completed faster and with fewer volunteers in phase I, allowing early elimination of dead-end compounds and reducing development times.
- Projects are derisked at a much earlier stage with decision making in drug development supported by dedicated imaging data analysis centres, allowing quantitative PK/PD modelling, confirmation of the current status of promising drug targets and drugs.
Infrastructure and expertise:
- High-end radionuclide production and imaging facilities
- Access to over 75 tracers for preclinical and clinical PET imaging
- GMP-compliant production and clinical development of novel tracers
- Ultra-high field clinical imaging for visualisation and quantification of tissues, drugs and therapy responses with various imaging modalities (PET/
- MRI, PET/CT, US and optical)
- Key opinion leaders in nuclear medicine, radiology, medical physics, radiopharmaceutical chemistry, in vivo pharmacology and kinetic modelling
- Radionuclide and tracer production facilities offering the full range of clinical grade isotopes
- Dedicated hot cells and automated manufacturing processes for GMP compliant radiolabeling of biologicals and small molecular drugs for human application
- GMP compliant manufacture of optical imaging probes
- Proof of concept studies in animal models using multimodal and ultra high field imaging techniques
- Development of novel tracers for in vivo imaging of disease specific markers in drug and diagnostics development
- Visualisation and quantification of tissues, diseases, drugs and therapy responses using an array of imaging technologies
- Image acquisition, analysis and integration as well as image interpretation with tracers or imaging based biomarkers in various patient cohorts
- Support of your clinical trial design and execution in our clinical imaging centres which have years of experience in phase I-III trials
- Ultra-high field MRI to develop imaging biomarkers for high precision medicine