Latvian participation in EATRIS is based on two National Research centres:
- National Research Centre on Public Health and Biomedicine, the leading organisation is Riga Stradins University.
- National Research Centre in Pharmacy and Biomedicine, which incorporates dedicated Biopharmacy centre, leading organisation Latvian Institute of Organic Synthesis.
Research activities along the EATRIS lines are performed by several scientific entities which all are in the capital city Riga – the most important urban agglomeration in the Baltic region.
- Medical/health faculties
- Independent research institutes (FTE)
- University Hospitals
- Stradins Clinical University Hospital
- Riga Eastern Clinical University Hospital
- Clinical University Hospital for sick children
The areas of expertise:
- Infectious disease research
- Cancer research
- Cardiovascular disease
- Rare diseases
- Brain disease
- Rehabilitation (as Latvia is one of the largest providers of rehabilitation services in the region)