Supporting drug development to diagnostics development
In the era of personalised medicine, biomarkers play a crucial role in diagnostic and treatment decisions. Biomarkers also represent a key strategy for innovative clinical trials (e.g. patient stratification) that will facilitate cost-effective and speedy assessment of new drugs for efficacy and marketing approval.
The EATRIS Biomarkers Platform facilitates the validation and development of biomarkers for the prevention, diagnosis and prognostic assessment of disease as well as for the prediction of therapy response.
EATRIS institutions in the Biomarkers Platform utilise cutting edge infrastructures as well as a range of scientific, technological, clinical and regulatory expertise to operate professional and high-quality standardized services in the development of biomarkers.
The EATRIS Biomarkers Platform independently validates biomarkers in distinct clinical groups by providing access to clinical samples, develop standardised assays or gather experts to assess the clinical and commercial relevance of the biomarkers.
The Biomarkers Platform has a variety of technological expertise, such as tissue-based biomarkers, multiplex assay and imaging expertise, as well as disease expertise, including cancer, neurological disease, infection or inflammation.
Biomarkers Platform Projects
EATRIS provides support in a wide variety of technologies related to biomarkers:
- Genomics, next-gen DNA/RNA sequencing, and bioinformatics
- Molecular pathology with qualified pathologists
- Antibody libraries, antibody engineering and immunoassay development
- Multiplexed immunoassays and immunostaining of cells/tissues/TMAs
- Automated images analysis and web microscopy
- Lipids and lipoproteins
- Microvesicles characterization
- Targeted mass spectrometry
- Multiparametric flow cytometry
Biomarkers Paltform Services:
- Access to biobank samples (e.g. tissues, cells, DNA, serum, plasma) for validation of drug targets and biomarkers.
- Identification and validation of biomarkers for drug response.
- Access to medical data & clinical experts.
- Assay development & validation.
- Testing and comparison of biomarker assays.
- Patient-derived models for drug testing and biomarker research.