EATRIS Institute in Spain – IGTP (Institut de Recerca Germans Trias I Pujol) – has hosted an event in October 2022 about “Advancing translational research through EATRIS.” The Scientific Director of EATRIS (Toni Andreu), Co-chair of the EATRIS Biomarker platform and National Director of Spain (Laura Garcia-Bermejo) and IGTP Scientific Director and member of EATRIS-ES advisory board (Julia Garcia-Prado) were present among researchers and PIs of the institute and post and pre-award management office.
The objective of the meeting was to share information about the role of EATRIS in the research community and the participation of EATRIS-Spain in the governance and scientific strategy of Instituto de Salud Carlos III (ISCIII).
In attendance were:
- Pilar Gayoso (Deputy Director of ISCII)
- Toni Andreu (Scientific Director of EATRIS)
- Laura Garcia-Bermejo (Co-chair of the EATRIS Biomarker platform and National Director of Spain)
- Julia Garcia Prado (Scientific Director of IGTP, member of EATRIS-Spain advisory board)
- Patricia Carvajal (Scientific Project Manager at EATRIS)
- Federico Rojo (Head of Molecular Pathology of Fundación Jimenez Diaz, member of EATRIS-Spain advisory board)
- Mireia Gimenez (Pre-award International Project Manager of IGTP)
- Maria Ortega (EATRIS IGTP-coordinator)
- Marianne Köck Schulmeyer (Post-award international coordinator of IGTP)
- Researchers, PIs of IGTP
At the end of the meeting, attendees visited IGTP and CMCIB facilities.