|Date & Time||8-12 November 2021|
Discover the landscape of Translational Medicine in a 5 day online course!
The course will take place online on 8-12 November 2021.
The TMex 5-day online workshop is intended for PhD students in the second half of their PhD, early postdocs and other young scientists involved in biomedical research. For the second time, the course will take place online, allowing more flexibility while retaining its characteristic interactive and friendly atmosphere.
The course covers a variety of activities, including a drug discovery game, elevator pitches, group work and lectures. Experts in the field from academia and industry will be addressing essential elements of the translational pipeline such as target validation, target product profiles, quality and reproducibility, clinical trials, regulatory support, patients driven research and personalized medicine. Several innovation sessions will take place, covering the business canvas model, critical success factor in the translational pathway and how communicate your research to society.
Course Fee and Registration (Closed)
The full fee is of 175 Euro. A special discounted fee of 100€ applies for EATRIS members.
Registration will open June 15, 2021. There are only 30 seats, so we recommend applying early (first come, first served). The registration will close on 1 September 2021, or when all seats have been filled. You will need to submit a CV and a motivation letter which will be reviewed by a selection committee.
Registration is now closed. If you want to be informed about next TMex course edition (expected in November 2022) you can send an email to email@example.com
- Bob Harris, Professor Immunotherapy, Karolinska Institute
- Keith Williams, Director, KW Drug Developments
- Mike Hardman, Independent (formerly AstraZeneca)
- Dr. Ulf Tölch, project lead, BIH Charité/ QUEST Center
- Ramón Martí Seves, Head neuromuscular and mitochondrial pathology, VHIR
- Anton Ussi, Operations and Finance Director at EATRIS
- Rosan Vegter, former National Expert, European Medicines Agency
- Dr Jake Fairnie, Head of Communications at EATRIS
TMex preliminary agenda
For more information: firstname.lastname@example.org
What our students say
- “If you have the opportunity to take part in this course – do it. It will fundamentally change your view on how your work as a research scientist can make a difference in the real world outside your lab” (Konstantin Kuhne)
- “Very interactive course with a non-traditional approach. The course reflects the reality of translational medicine: getting a lot of people with different backgrounds to work together as a team” (Miriam Ayuso)
- “My expectations to the course were very high, and they were fulfilled” (Sandra Heckers)
- “It was a difficult decision to leave the lab for 5 days but it is absolutely worth it” (Kevin Ferreira)
- “This course taught me things I didn’t know would even exist. The course inspired me that the PhD is more than just gaining scientific knowledge, but also to use the time to work on my personality” (Inga Hensel)