|Date & Time||23-26 May 2022|
|Address||e Edifício Tomé Pires, Av. do Brasil 53 Pavilhão 21A, Pavilhão 24, 1749-004 Lisboa, Portugal|
See the agenda and speaker info here.
Welcome to the second EATRIS-Plus Summer School in Personalised Medicine that will take place in person on 23-26 May in Lisbon, Portugal.
EATRIS-Plus Summer School in Personalised Medicine is organised within the framework of EATRIS-Plus Project, that is a flagship initiative in personalised medicine, coordinated by EATRIS-ERIC.
The curriculum is designed to address a wide array of topics from structural pillars of personalised medicine, applications and challenges, biomarkers – from bench to the clinic and omics technologies.
The overarching topic of the summer school is personalised medicine with a focus on challenges and opportunities along the biomarker development pipeline. The highlight will be on the best practices on biomarkers translation process into clinical practice. The four days comprise of lectures, interactive workshops and a roundtable.
The summer school aims to fill the educational gap in the need for highly qualified translational researchers in personalised medicine. The course targets primarily senior researchers and is expected to be attended by 30 participants consisting of late-stage PhD students, Postdocs, researchers, academics, medical doctors, clinicians, and healthcare professionals interested in or working in the field of personalised medicine.
Application Process & Details
- Complete the online application form (includes a 100-word motivation statement and a 200-word biosketch)
- Applications closed on Friday, 15 April 2022
- 40 participants were accepted
Attendance Requirements & Logistics
- The workshop will take place between 9.00 May 23 – 12.30 May 26 on the premises of INFARMED in Lisbon (Address: e Edifício Tomé Pires, Av. do Brasil 53 Pavilhão 21A, Pavilhão 24, 1749-004 Lisboa, Portugal)
- All participants must provide a COVID certificate (proof of vaccination or recovery) to the organiser of the event upon arrival of the first day.
- *All participants are responsible for their own travel and accommodation arrangements and costs. A list of recommended hotels and shuttle arrangements will be provided soon.
- All participants are required to follow all the national COVID-19 restrictions (if any in place at that time) in Portugal. Information about the Portuguese travel restrictions can be found here.
- Should the event not be possible to take place in-person due to COVID-19 pandemic related restrictions, the organisers will make every effort to hold the event virtually at the same time.
*travel grants are available for researchers from the University of Ljubljana (Slovenia), Riga Stradins University (Latvia) and Sofia University (Bulgaria). For more information regarding this, applicants should contact their institutional project representatives directly.
For any further information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.