|Date & Time||20-24 June 2022|
|Address||via di Castel Romano 100, 00128 Rome, Italy|
Join us at the ADVANCE 5-day Summer School, which will take place face-to-face 20-24 June 2022. The event will be building on the knowledge of the online course on ATMPs (Cell and Gene Therapies) development that was launched in December 2020. The agenda of the event follows the 4 key challenges and bottlenecks of the ATMPs development cycle: Scientific, Manufacturing, Regulatory, and Reimbursement/ Commercialisation. In addition, clinical aspects will be discussed.
The core target group are the “next generation of ATMP developers” – i.e. early-career biomedical academics (PhDs, Postdocs), including doctors in training, clinician-scientists and SME-based professionals, who are considered to be an important component of the labour market and the critical intermediaries of the ATMP development pipeline.
- hear keynote lectures by experts,
- complete hands-on group assignments,
- get a chance to present their research projects to peers,
- go on tours of ATMPs production facilities (Takis Biotech, and Reithera)
- have plenty of time to network with peers and participate in fun social events!
Lecturers: Ana Hidalgo-Simon (European Medicines Agency), Matjaz Jeras (University of Ljubljana, Slovenia), Luigi Aurisicchio (Takis Biotech, Italy), David Morrow (EATRIS, the Netherlands), Lucia Gabriele (Istituto Superiore di Sanita, Italy), Concetta Quintarelli (University of Naples Federico II Naples, Campania, Italy), Umberto Restelli (Carlo Cattaneo University, LIUC, Italy), Trudy Straetemans (UMC Utrecht), Merel Axck (KU Leuven, Belgium), Helena Haque Chowdhury (University of Ljubljana, Slovenia), Giuliana Ferrari (SR-TIGET, Italy), Luciano Castillo (Cell Factory FaBioCell, ISS)
Time and Location
Start: 9.00 on 20 June
End: 13.00 on 24 June
Location: Takis Biotech, via di Castel Romano 100, 00128 Rome, Italy
- Application deadline: 30 April 2022
- 30 seats available
- A prerequisite to attending the summer school is completing the ADVANCE Online course by 1st of June. More info about the free, self-paced, 7-hour course can be found on ADVANCE Project website
- Complete the electronic application form → HERE
Cost & Logistics
Attendance is free of charge, however participants are responsible for their own travel costs. For the summer school period we have secured a lower nightly rate of 84 euros for a double room for single use including breakfast and a daily shuttle to and from the summer school location in Warmthotel. A discount code will be provided to all accepted participants. Lunch and coffee breaks are also provided free of charge at the event venue by the organisers.
1) To cover the travel and accommodation costs some institutional support grants are available for participants affiliated to:
- University of Ljubljana, Slovenia
- KU Leuven, Belgium
- Université libre de Bruxelles (ULB), Belgium
2) Further support grants to cover travel and accommodation costs are available for applicants from lower-performing research and innovation countries (i.e. Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Estonia, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Malta, Poland, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia) and other non-EU countries facing economic obstacles.
To be able to receive the support grants, the application form needs to include proof of affiliation to an organisation or country above.
Support grants consist of travel support (based on distance from origin location to summer school location, see below), and an additional fixed amount of 58 EUR per day (for 6 days assuming the necessary arrival to Rome the day before).
|Distance (between origin and summer school)||Total amount of travel grant in EUR (includes travel to and from)|
|Between 10 and 99 KM||20 EUR per participant|
|Between 100 and 499 KM||180 EUR per participant|
|Between 500 and 1999 KM||275 EUR per participant|
|Between 2000 and 2999 KM||360 EUR per participant|
Participants who successfully complete the summer school will be able to apply for 3 ECTS through the University of Ljubljana.
More Info and Questions
Please email us via advance(at)eatris.eu in case of any questions!