14 institutions to form the Portuguese Node
Portugal joined EATRIS in May 2018 aiming to foster translational research on a national level. Participation in EATRIS facilitates the integration of national hospitals and research institutes in joint research projects and grant applications.
The short- to mid-term benefits are expected in capacity building, integration of best practices and their promotion with peers, together with the increase to the provision of scientific and technological services.
Portugal is represented by INFARMED – National Authority of Medicines and Health Products.
The initial Portuguese Node is formed by 14 institutes and research facilities joining the five EATRIS Product Platforms:
- 3Bs Research Institute; Barco
- AIBILI – Association for Innovation and Biomedical Research on Light and Image; Coimbra
- Champalimaud Foundation; Lisbon
- CNC – Center for Neuroscience and Cell Biology, University of Coimbra; Coimbra
- CHUC – Coimbra University Hospital; Coimbra
- Coimbra Institute for Biomedical Imaging and Translational Research (CIBIT) – Institute of Nuclear Sciences Applied to Health (ICNAS), University of Coimbra (UC); Coimbra
- i3S – Instituto de Investigacao e Inovacao em Saude; Porto
- iBB-Institute for Bioengineering and Biosciences / Stem Cell Engineering Research Group (SCERG), Lisbon
- iBET – Instituto de Biologia Experimental e Tecnológica, Oeiras
- IBIMED Institute for Biomedicine, Aveiro
- 2CA-Braga – ICVS (Life and Health Sciences Research Institute / Clinical Academic Centre), Braga
- Instituto de Medicina Molecular João Lobo Antunes, Lisbon
- Instituto Português de Oncologia do Porto Francisco Gentil (IPO-Porto), Porto
- NOVA Medical School (NMS), Unicersidade NOVA de Lisboa (NOVA), Lisbon
More information regarding the Institutes and their participation in the Product Platforms will follow.