The Handbook of Biomarkers and Precision Medicine edited by Claudio Carini, Mark Fidock and Alain van Gool provides a comprehensive insight into biomarker discovery and development which has driven the new era of Precision Medicine. A wide variety of renowned experts from government, academia, teaching hospitals, biotechnology and pharmaceutical companies share best practices, examples and exciting new developments.
The handbook aims to provide in-depth knowledge to research scientists, students and decision-makers engaged in Biomarker and Precision Medicine-centric drug development.
- Detailed insights into biomarker discovery, validation and diagnostic development with implementation strategies;
- Lessons-learned from successful Precision Medicine case studies;
- A variety of exciting and emerging biomarker technologies;
- The next frontiers and future challenges of biomarkers in Precision Medicine.
EATRIS Biomarker Platform members Andreas Scherer (FIMM, Helsinki), Laura Bermejo (IRYCIS, Spain) contributed with a chapter and Anton Ussi and Florence Bietrix prepared a piece on The Need for Global Collaboration in Translational Medicine.
- Dr. Carini is Honorary Faculty at Kings’s College School of Medicine, London, UK;
- Dr. Fidock is Vice President of Precision Medicine Laboratories at AstraZeneca, Cambridge, UK;
- Prof.dr. van Gool is Head Translational Metabolic Laboratory at Radboud university medical school, Nijmegen, NL.
You can order a digital or hardcopy version here. Revenues will be donated to charities for new translational biomarker research.