Translational Medicine Explained: Registration open for 5-day online course
|Institute||Vall d’Hebron Institute of Research (VHIR)|
Interested in discovering the landscape of Translational Medicine? Learn from scientists in Academia, Industry and Regulatory Agencies and join the 2020 TMex winter school!
The TMex (Translational Medicine Explained) Winter School is targeted to PhD students in the second half of their PhD, early postdocs and other young scientists who are involved in biomedical research.
For the first time, the TMex will be held entirely online as a 5-day workshop!
October 26 – 30, 2020
9:00 – 18:00 CET
Your computer: Each day will have a mix of lectures, activities and self-study time.
You will need a desktop computer or laptop with web cam and stable internet connection
Registration (now open)
First come, first serve. Please submit your application here. There are only 30 seats, so we recommend to register early. The registration will close on August 1, 2020.
The course fee is 175 Euro.
A special discounted fee of 100€ applies for EATRIS members, VHIR & I3H students.
Confirmed faculty/ facilitators:
- Rosan Vegter, Academia Engagement Officer, European Medicines Agency, EMA
- Bob Harris, Professor Immunotherapy, Karolinska Institute
- Maria Borell, Senior Investigator and Patient Representative, EURORDIS
- Keith Williams, Director, KW Drug Developments
- Anton Ussi, Operations & Finance Director, EATRIS
- Anne-Charlotte Fauvel, Head of EU affairs, EATRIS
TMex preliminary agenda
What our students say*
- “If you have the opportunity to take part in this course – do it. It will fundamentally change your view on how your work as a research scientist can make a difference in the real world outside your lab” (Konstantin Kuhne)
- “My expectations to the course were very high, and they were fulfilled” (Sandra Heckers)
- “It was a difficult decision to leave the lab for 5 days but it absolutely worth it”(Kevin Ferreira)
- “This course taught me things I didn’t know would even exist. The course inspired me that the PhD is more than just gaining scientific knowledge, but also to use the time to work on my personality” (Inga Hensel)
*The TMex Winter school 2019 builds on the experience of the TMex course 2019 as well as the C-COMEND and ENLIGHT-TEN courses on translational research and medicine development which from 2016 – 2019 delivered four highly evaluated courses: View 2016 programme | View 2017 programme |View 2018 programme | View programme 2019