|Date & Time||13-17 February 2023|
Pg. de Sant Joan, 108, 08037
DISCOVER THE LANDSCAPE OF TRANSLATIONAL MEDICINE IN OUR 5 DAY COURSE!
Interested in discovering the landscape of Translational Medicine? Want to learn about the job profiles of scientists in Industry and other sectors?
Then join the 2023 TMex winter school!
The TMex (“Translational Medicine Explained)” Winter School consists of an introductory e-learning element (~12 hours student investment time) followed by a 5-day face-to-face workshop on 13-17 February 2023. The course is intended for PhD/MD students in the second half of their PhD and postdocs who are involved in biomedical research.
The course is kindly supported by La Caixa Foundation and the Vall d’Hebron Research Institute (VHIR) and will be hosted in one of Barcelona’s great Catalan Modernisme gems: the Palau Macaya!
The course covers a variety of activities, including a drug discovery game, elevator pitches, group work and lectures. Experts from academia and industry will be addressing essential elements of the translational pipeline such as target validation, target product profiles, quality and reproducibility, clinical trials, regulatory support, science communication, patient-driven research and personalised medicine. Several innovation sessions will take place, covering the business canvas model, critical success factor in the translational pathway and how to communicate your research to society.
The full fee is of €650. Special discounted fees of €475 applies for EATRIS members, I2TRON students and iNext-Discovery project members, and of €250 for VHIR students and EUPATI fellows.
Two free (€0) seats are available for candidates from EU-13 countries (Bulgaria (BG), Croatia (HR), Cyprus (CY), Czech Republic (CZ), Estonia (EE), Hungary (HU), Latvia (LV), Lithuania (LT), Malta (MT), Poland (PL), Romania (RO), Slovakia (SK) and Slovenia (SI)), Latin America and Africa.
*Please note that registration is now closed and all 30 seats have been filled for the 2023 cohort*
<< TMex preliminary agenda
- Maria Borrell Pages, Senior Researcher and Patient Advocate, Sant Pau Hospital
- Eva Colás Ortega, Principal researcher at VHIR, CSO and Co-founder at MiMARK
- Helena Cornu & Annalisa Buniello, OpenTargets
- Björn Gerlach, Partner and COO, PAASP
- Donald Lo, Director of Medicines Development, EATRIS
- Christopher Mann, Scientific & Regulatory Affairs Director, Asphalion
- Ramón Martí Seves, Head neuromuscular and mitochondrial pathology, VHIR
- Eva Molero, Founder and CEA, Teamit
- Susana Otero, Head of group Epidemiology and Public Health, VHIR
- Jake Fairnie, Head of Communications at EATRIS
- Keith Williams, Director, KW Drug Developments