Radboud Summer School 2020Join event
|Date & Time||July 06-10, 2020|
|Address||Radboud Summer School
Houtlaan 4, 6525 XZ,
Nijmegen, The Netherlands
|Location||Radboud Summer School|
Integrative X-omics Analyses Empowering Personalized Healthcare
Molecular indicators for health, disease and response to treatment are increasingly guiding personalised healthcare. At the same time, single biomarkers will never fully reflect the interplay between the genetic make-up and environmental exposure. This asks for a more holistic view on human health, and integrated analyses of large-scale molecular and clinical data.
This course will lay a firm basis for such an integrative approach. It provides a comprehensive overview of state-of-the-art biomarker discovery strategies using -omics analysis platforms, gives practical cues to the most fit-for-purpose experimental approaches, based on real-life examples.
The basic principles and workflows of genomics, proteomics, metabolomics and data analysis, integration and stewardship will be covered. The course will contain demonstrations and hands-on computer practical’s of commonly used open-source analysis and visualization packages.
Special attention will be paid to the different analysis to integrate X-omics data from different levels, ranging from pure statistical integration approaches (including machine learning) to knowledge-based data integration.
After this course you are able to
• Design an X-omics experiment and able to choose the most adequate -omics technologies.
• Master basic analysis workflows for -omics data.
• Understand the advantages and disadvantages of different data integration strategies.
• P.A.C. ’t Hoen, Professor of Bioinformatics, Center for Molecular and
Biomolecular Informatics, Radboud University Medical Center
• A.J. van Gool, Professor Personalized Healthcare, Laboratory Medicine, Radboud University Medical Center
This course is designed for
Translational researchers who would like to set-up or are starting a molecular biomarker
profiling study in human individuals.
Master and PhD
6 – 10 July 2020
• 10% discount for early bird applicants. The early bird deadline is 1 March 2020.
• 15% discount for students and PhD candidates from partner universities.
Please note that these discounts can be combined if you apply before 1 March 2020.
1 May 2020
During our events you will have the opportunity to meet other international students,
researchers and professionals from various academic disciplines and countries which offers
you a great opportunity to increase your international network.
Detailed course information
You follow this link.
You can download it here.