|Date & Time||23 November 2022, 9-12.30h CET|
|Address||CSIC Brussels Office & Online
CSIC Offices in Brussels
Rue du Trône, 62
|Location||Brussels & Online|
For this interactive workshop, HealthyCloud is bringing together members of the EU Commission, project partners, and external stakeholders.
Invited speakers to the Workshop
We have invited General Directorates from the EU Commission to share their views on DGs European Commission DG Santé, RTD & Connect views on the Health Research and Innovation Cloud (HRIC).
- DG Health and Food Safety (Santé)
- DG Research and Innovation (RTD)
- DG Communication Networks, Content and Technology (Connect)
Guest lecture: “Challenges and barriers to data-driven research across Europe in the health area” (TBC)
- 8.50 – 9.00 Coffee & breakfast
- 9.00 – 9.15 Welcome
- 9.15 – 10.00 Researching the future HIRC: the missing pieces.
- World Café – Ask questions about the future HRIC.
- 10.00 – 10.45 Policy challenges: building the future of health data sharing in Europe. Views on the Health Research and Innovation Cloud (HRIC) from EU Commission General Directorates.
- DG Sante
- DG RTD
- DG Connect
- 10.45 – 11.00 Coffee break
- 11.00 – 12.00 Responding to the challenges of health data sharing: a draft proposal
- 12.00 – 12.30 Next steps towards the future HRIC – closing debate
Learn more and register for the event here.
The need for advances in health and biomedical sciences requires that health research is performed timely, efficiently and oriented to high-quality results. To meet this need, health data must be oriented towards access, sharing, and secondary use in support of translational, clinical, and epidemiological-population level research. In other words, to maximise the impact of health research, it is necessary to adopt best practices on how to efficiently manage health data.
The objective of HealthyCloud is to generate a number of guidelines, recommendations and specifications that will enable distributed health research across Europe in the form of a Ready-to-implement Roadmap. This roadmap together with the feedback gathered from a broad range of stakeholders will be the basis to produce the final HealthyCloud Strategic Agenda for the European Health Research and Innovation Cloud (HRIC). Learn more here.