|Date & Time||24 February 2022 at 15:00 CET|
In this 7th session of the ENRIITC your Knowledge online training and organisational webinars will explore the issues which can arise in setting up industrial-RI collaborations and draw lessons from the experience of the speakers and participants as to how these can be addressed and resolved. Various types of collaborations in the domains of industry as a user of RIs and co-creator will be dealt with, ranging from pre-competitive to licensing and spin-off companies. Approaches to intellectual property, publication and use rights/licences will be described against the background of the objectives and requirements of the parties. Speakers will give examples from their experience of what can aid and what can hinder successful collaboration and tips on how to achieve balance and harmony.
The webinar will also give suggestions on the best sequence in which to deal with issues whether they are scientific/technical, commercial or legal/contractual. Approaches to secrecy, material transfer and collaboration legal frameworks will be outlined.
After this webinar, you should be able to:
- Operate more confidently and professionally in setting up various types of collaborations
- Appreciate the objectives of the public and private parties
- Understand the interplay between the various actors (legal, commercial, funding, scientific) belonging to industry and research infrastructures and involve the right people at the right time
- Understand the various issues involved in setting up collaborations and adopt creative win-win approaches
- Identify fields where further training and specialisation is necessary
- Identify where to find help/resources