|Date & Time||24 January 2023 (13.00-16.00 CET)|
BY-COVID industry event – Better data management for better pandemic preparedness, disease surveillance and outbreak control
The event will be focused on public-private collaboration examples’ presentations and roundtable discussions. Companies are welcome to join the community and give a short presentation on their approach to data driven innovation in infectious diseases and how open resources contribute to their achievements.
Identify opportunities for data driven innovation in infectious diseases, join a network of specialists and explore potential collaborations with the BY-COVID project.
Specialists in using open source software or openly available data of COVID-19 or other infectious diseases in their internal pipelines/business model from the following sectors:
- Biotech-/bioinformatics companies
- Contract Research Organisation/Contract Manufacturing Organisation
- Medical Devices
- Hospitals/healthcare providers
This virtual event is organised under the EU project BeYond-COVID (BY-COVID), a project that aims to provide comprehensive open data on SARS-CoV-2 and other infectious diseases across scientific, medical, public health and policy domains. Under this initiative, we are providing a virtual space for BY-COVID partners to engage with industry communities and ensure that we can find collaborative solutions for making COVID-19 and other infectious disease data available for innovation.
- Repurposing data & software tools for a faster future health crisis response: How open source code and open or FAIR data were used in industrial needs during the COVID crisis and what researchers are looking for.
- Novel technologies and innovative projects tackling global disease burden developed during the pandemic: How novel tools could improve data quality, enable high data extraction from samples, or build robust prediction models.
- The societal impacts of a pandemics: An assessment of the impact of interventions and lessons learned
This access day is the first of a series of events, and the audience will have the opportunity to hear about examples of public-private collaborations, introduce themselves and their innovative projects through flash talks.
Learn more and register for the event here.