European Research Infrastructure Consortia (ERICs) have been sharing common challenges over the years. These can be human resources management, procurement, VAT and excise duties exemption implementation as well as the socio-economic impact, performance monitoring and more.
Given the constant expansion of the community and the implications these obstacles can create, the existing ERICs formed in 2017 the ERIC Forum, with the mission to further strengthen coordination among ERICs and interact effectively with the European Commission (EC) to achieve full implementation of the ERIC regulation.
On January 31, 2019, 23 ERICs from 11 countries with national nodes in all European Member States, met in Amsterdam to launch the ERIC Forum project funded by H2020.
The ERIC Forum Implementation project aims to :
- strengthen the coordination within the ERIC forum
- give a common voice to the ERIC community
- enhance collaborations between the partners
- address critical challenges
- develop best practices.
The activities of the ERIC Forum project will be divided into 6 thematic work packages:
- WP1 – The overall coordination of processes within project.
- WP2 – The analysis and development or ERIC Forum’s governance model.
- WP3 – The development of guidelines and best practices related to ERICs’ operations, administration, HR and finance (led by EATRIS)
- WP4 – The establishment of ERICs’ impact assessment methodologies for long term sustainability.
- WP5 – Strengthening the ERIC identity through targeted communication and dissemination activities.
- WP6 – Definition of the role of ERICs within the European research ecosystem and science policy.
The ERIC Forum has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under grant agreement N. 823798
You can read the full press release here.