|Workplace||Coordination & Support Office of EATRIS ERIC|
|Closing date||26 August 2022|
|Location||The Netherlands or Remote|
|Hours||36-40 hours per week|
We are seeking to recruit a Translational Medicine Data Community Manager to join the EATRIS Coordination and Support office based at the University Medical Centre in Amsterdam.
EATRIS is the European Research Infrastructure for Translational Medicine, a non-profit organisation supported by 14 European countries representing more than 125 leading academic and non-profit biomedical research institutions; and one of the leading permanent European infrastructures for life sciences. The infrastructure provides access to excellent academic expertise and facilities across Europe to accelerate early medicine development and advance promising medical research for the benefit of patients. EATRIS is active in the preclinical and very early clinical phases of the development of medicines, diagnostics, and vaccines.
The responsibilities of this role are to provide data-related expertise within EATRIS to establish services and strategies that will accelerate the digital transformation of translational medicine. This will include management of our activity in data-related European focussed projects, coordination of our EATRIS data community, and establishment of our data service catalogue.
Reporting to the EATRIS Data Director you will develop our portfolio of data-related projects, services, and community of data experts to promote best practices for key translational medicine use cases. In doing so you will work with the clinicians, researchers, and technical experts from our 150 partner institutions across our 14 Member States to implement our strategy in this area for the long-term sustainability of the EATRIS data service catalogue.
- Provide translational medicine data-related expertise within the EATRIS to:
- Lead the implementation of our EATRIS data strategy
- Assess the feasibility of EATRIS data-related activities
- Coordinate existing solutions within EATRIS that will comprise our data service catalogue
- Support the Data Director to Identify and develop opportunities for EATRIS data
- Lead the day-to-day management and coordination of the EATRIS Data Core Team, driving cohesion and impact;
- Manage a growing portfolio of EATRIS data-related projects to ensure effective impact-driven execution of our activities, both from the Coordination and Support office as well as our partner institutions;
- Liaise with the EATRIS Platforms to foster collaboration, alignment, and communication to drive data-related integration within EATRIS;
- Facilitate and develop relationships with EATRIS colleagues and the wider external community to foster collaboration and innovation using EATRIS services.
- PhD or similar experience in biomedical research;
- Experience in working within the data-intense areas of biomedical research at the technical and coordination levels;
- Experience in data management planning and coordination within the biomedical domain;
- Experience in project management, preferably with experience in European Commission grant-funded programmes;
- Track record in coordinating work across many research institutions, involving many external stakeholders and complex organisations;
- Outstanding communicator and team player;
- Self-motivated, service-oriented, flexible, yet able to prioritise and meet agreed deadlines;
- A proactive approach to work organised and the ability to travel when the project requires;
- Excellent command of English (both written & oral).
What EATRIS offers
- Fast-paced, multicultural environment where the coordination team, comprising 25 highly skilled colleagues from 8 countries, takes pride in European collaborations and accelerating impact for patients;
- Competitive remuneration package;
- A broad European network of biomedical researchers and innovation experts;
- Opportunity to develop strategic and leadership skills;
- A central office location that is within walking distance from Amsterdam Zuid station.
The position is based in Amsterdam, the Netherlands. Remote working arrangements for exceptional candidates will be considered. Only candidates with a valid work permit or who have the right to work in the Netherlands or in their country of residence will be considered.
Please send a copy of your CV and a letter of motivation by 26 August 2022 to email@example.com. For more information on the role, please contact Gary Saunders, EATRIS Data Director (firstname.lastname@example.org). Download the job ad here.
At EATRIS we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace. Even if you don’t meet every requirement, but are excited by this opportunity, we encourage you to apply. Your experience doesn’t align perfectly with every aspect of the job description. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles at EATRIS.