Expert Mentoring service for EJP RD funding applications
Advancing promising technologies and therapies towards clinical application is a complex undertaking. Academic research often lacks easy access to regulatory, therapy development expertise, manufacturing, and healthcare practice, leading to high failure rates. For this reason, the European Joint Programme on Rare Diseases (EJP RD) has initiated a mentoring programme for RD researchers.
What is the aim?
- To increase the impact and patient benefit of translational research projects in rare diseases.
Who is it for?
- Any scientist working on (or planning to work on) a translational research project in rare diseases in the pre-proposal stage and after receiving funding.
Who are the mentors?
- A panel of international experts working under full confidentiality.
What does it cost?
- There are no costs – it is entirely free.
What topics can I get mentored on?
- Translational feasibility
- Regulatory compliance
- Product classification
- Quality assurance and control
- Intellectual property strategy
- Suitability of analytical readouts
- Therapy development
Testimonies from Scientists applying for JTC2020 EJPRD call
- “The mentoring of everyone was truly excellent”
- “I liked it a lot”
- “Make it available for all proposals”
What happens next?
If you would like the support of EATRIS, we will ask you to sign an engagement form, giving us permission to review your proposal and committing us to confidentiality with you for the project. Find out more in this Information Sheet to Principle Investigators.
This service is not related to the formal review process of the second stage, and reviewers will not receive any information arising from the mentoring process.
Please email Florence Bietrix at firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more or register for the service.