|Workplace||Coordination & Support Office of EATRIS ERIC|
|Closing date||30 September 2021|
|Location||Amsterdam, The Netherlands (remote work possible)|
|Hours||32-40 hours per week (80-100% of FTE)|
The Senior Business Strategy Developer will be responsible for the development of a business strategy and subsequent set-up of an operational entity to exploit a European research platform, focused on providing access to bio-samples and high-quality data in neurodegenerative diseases. This is in the context of the European Platform for Neurodegenerative Disorders (EPND), an ambitious public-private collaboration funded by the Innovative Medicines Initiative involving 28 industry, healthcare, academic and patient advocacy partners. The objective of EPND is to develop a self-sustainable European platform to facilitate access to bio-samples and related data. We will build EPND using infrastructures that have shown proven value in public-private multi-stakeholder settings. In connection with the AD Workbench, EPND will support resource and participant level discovery, data harmonisation, central and federated data and sample storage and data analysis. The design of EPND is guided by ethical, legal and regulatory experts, patients and other stakeholders. EPND will also provide protocols for data and sample collection.
For more information on the funding call related to this project see page 32 of the following document: IMI 23rd Call for Proposals.pdf.
The selected candidate will be responsible for structuring and coordinating the project sustainability planning so that an operating entity can be achieved within 5 years of project start, with a view to self-sustainability soon after.
This position will also be responsible for effective communication, collaboration and advocacy (potentially including some fundraising activities in year 4 and 5) within and external to the consortium, related to the implementation of the business model.
The Senior Business Strategy Developer will report to EATRIS Operations & Finance Director. He or she will work closely with the leadership and technical teams of the EPND consortium, and will represent EATRIS in the Steering Committee and General Assembly of EPND.
The main responsibilities include:
- Benchmarking and landscape analysis to propose business strategy, model, operating structure and minimum viable product, working in close collaboration with consortium partners;
- Definition of operating scenarios to support selection of final operational and governance structure of future entity;
- Development of a business and funding plan, subsequently coordinate and execute fundraising strategy in year 4 and 5;
- Conclude the legal agreements amongst consortium partners required for the entity to have freedom-to-operate after project close, working in close collaboration with the public and private partners’ legal counsels.
The ideal candidate will have the following characteristics:
- MSc or PhD in life sciences, or advanced degree in business related discipline with extensive experience in diagnostics or biobanking industry;
- Minimum 3 years experience in bio-sample/data related area, such as biobanking, sample analytics laboratory management, or diagnostics development;
- Minimum 5 years of experience in business strategy, preferably in a life sciences field
- Proven business and scientific competences; demonstrated ability to perform analyses such as performance analyses, competitive analyses, market analyses;
- Excellent communication skills, verbally and in writing; comfortable communicating with senior staff at other organisations;
- Excellent organisational skills;
- Excellent collaboration skills;
- Ability to work independently;
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
Competitive remuneration package, depending on experience.
Please send a copy of your CV and a motivation letter by 30 September 2021 to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be reviewed upon submission and suitable applicants may be contacted for interview prior to the closing date.
The position is for 32-40 hours per week and the starting date is in October 2021, or as soon as possible after. The role is foreseen for a minimum five year duration. Secondment from EATRIS institutions is possible, and in limited circumstances remote working will be considered.
For further information feel free to contact us at email@example.com.
More about EATRIS
EATRIS is a European academic research infrastructure in translational medicine, established in 2014, with its coordination office located in Amsterdam. The mission of EATRIS is to utilise cutting edge technologies and expertise to improve translation of scientific results into new therapies and diagnostics. We do this by identifying tools and technologies that can support drug and diagnostic development and facilitating access to our 115 research institutions in 14 EU countries, who provide capacity and expertise to support research requests. One of our major strategies to fulfill our mission is to facilitate industry-academic collaborations for developing next generation research tools and resources. To achieve this EATRIS was recently awarded significant funding to support the development of research tools in the field of neurodegeneration. Find out more about EATRIS through our homepage: www.eatris.eu.