|Workplace||Coordination & Support Office of EATRIS ERIC|
|Date||29 June 2020|
|Location||Amsterdam, The Netherlands (negotiable)|
Launched in 2013, the European Research Infrastructure for Translational Medicine (EATRIS) is one of the leading European research infrastructures for life sciences. The infrastructure provides access to excellent academic expertise and facilities across Europe to accelerate early medicine development and advance promising medical research for the benefit of patients.
EATRIS is a non-profit organization currently supported by thirteen European countries, and comprises more than 100 leading academic and non-profit biomedical research institutions. EATRIS collaborates with a wide range of stakeholders: academia, large pharma, SME and biotechs, as well as patient organisations and research funding organisations. The organisation has also been increasingly involved in a series of international projects and currently manages a portfolio of 15 EU-funded projects (H2020, IMI-2, Erasmus-Plus).
EATRIS Coordination and Support Office is based in Amsterdam, The Netherlands. More information: www.eatris.eu
We are looking for a Grants Administrator to expand our current EU Grants Management capacity (20 hours per week, 0.5FTE).
The role will involve the following activities:
- Financial management incl. budget tracking through quarterly cost control reports in collaboration with Office Manager and Financial Controller
- Ensuring the timely and complete delivery of requested interim and final project and financial reporting
- Time reporting incl. timesheet filing
- Preparation of project financial audit and archiving of administrative/financial documents
- Liaise with Financial Controller to follow up on project-related payments
- Develop and maintain grant management policies, procedures, and practices and provide guidance to project staff
The candidate will report to the EATRIS Head of European Affairs.
- Minimum 4 years of work experience in a similar role
- Proven knowledge of EU framework programmes, in particular Horizon 2020
- Proven knowledge of Erasmus Plus is an asset
- Experience in the financial management of EU projects
- A background in Economics, Finance or accounting is desirable
- Excellent writing and communication skills in English
- Self-motivated, service-oriented, flexible and able to prioritize and meet agreed deadlines
- A pro-active approach to work
- Outstanding organizational skills and a high attention to detail and accuracy
- Proficient use of MS Excel
- Experience of working in an international environment is essential
What EATRIS offers
- Fast paced, multicultural environment where the coordination team takes pride in European collaborations and accelerating research impact for patients
- Competitive remuneration package
- Opportunities to learn more about EU policies and funding programmes
- Opportunities to further develop EATRIS’ internal capacities to manage a growing portfolio of EU grants efficiently
- A central office location at walking distance from Amsterdam Zuid station
- Possibility to work remotely by arrangement
The position is based at the Coordination & Support office of EATRIS ERIC, located on the campus of the VU University Medical Center in Amsterdam, The Netherlands. Only candidates with a valid work permit or who have the right to work in the Netherlands will be considered.
Please send a copy of your CV plus letter of motivation in English by July 24 to our Office Manager, Lisa Williams, (email: email@example.com) and Head of European Affairs (email: firstname.lastname@example.org) with the subject ‘Grants Administrator’. Please note that a reference check is part of the selection process.
Expected start: September 2020
For further information on this position, please contact Anne-Charlotte Fauvel: email@example.com