|Workplace||The European Patients’ Academy|
The European Patients’ Academy is a pan-European Foundation operating as a public-private partnership by a collaborative multi-stakeholder consortium from patient organisations, pharmaceutical industry, academia, and not-for-profit organisations. Established in 2012, EUPATI is a flagship project of the Innovative Medicines Initiatives (IMI) as well as the European Patients’ Forum (EPF). The main mission of EUPATI is to provide training on medicines research and development for patients and patient representatives, in order for them to become key actors in the processes of developing new medications and treatments.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
- To assist the EUPATI Reload consortium in finalizing the project deliverables, milestones and
reporting due 31 December 2021.
- To support the maintenance of the EUPATI Learning Management System (EUPATI Open
Classroom), one of the main outcomes of the Reload project.
- To support the implementation of the EUPATI Reload communication and dissemination plan.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Consortium coordination & communication: Coordinate regular teleconferences with the EUPATI
Reload project consortium, set the agenda and draft minutes
- Project management: Follow up on all pending tasks and deliverables according to the project
workplan, adjusting the workplan as necessary
- Course content/platform:
- Publish/edit course material on the EUPATI Open Classroom platform (moodle workplace)
- Review and maintain the question bank (for course assessment) and the certification system
of the EUPATI Open Classroom platform
- Engage in regular monitoring of the EUPATI Open Classroom, compile statistics on the
registered learners and troubleshoot any technical/layout issues (in collaboration with the
EUPATI IT Coordinator)
- Engage in the coordination of the learners’ pathway through the Open Classroom, provide
support and mentoring (in collaboration with the EUPATI Training Organisation Coordinator)
- Conduct monitoring and evaluation of the project KPIs and objectives
- Assist with narrative and financial reporting to EIT Health
- Assist in implementing dissemination activities (webinars, virtual activities) for the project (in
collaboration with EUPATI Networks & Communications Coordinator)
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND COMPETENCIES
- A degree in business administration, communications, education, life sciences, social
sciences or any other relevant field.
- Knowledge of project management in European/international organisations and/or non-profit
- Knowledge and interest in e-learning, and/or organisation of training programmes
- Strong project management, organisational and time management skills.
- Experience in communications and dissemination of project outcomes.
- Experience in budget management.
- Commitment to NGO sector values and methods.
- Excellent Word, Excel and PowerPoint skills.
- Fluent in written and oral English.
PERSONAL QUALITIES AND ATTRIBUTES
- Proactiveness and high degree of autonomy.
- Structured and organised.
- Ability to multitask and manage evolving priorities.
- Fast-learner and excellent communicator.
- Demonstrated experience of working under pressure and with tight deadlines.
- Strong problem-solving, analytical and evaluative skills.
- Excellent communication / networking skills.
- Ability to interact with people at all levels.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Additional (desirable): Knowledge of or interest in medicines R&D and patient engagement.
More information on the role here.