EU-LIFE Communications officer
|Workplace||Centre for Genomic Regulation|
|Closing date||30 April 2021|
|Hours||20h per week|
The Centre for Genomic Regulation (CRG) is an international biomedical research institute of excellence, based in Barcelona, Spain. The EU-LIFE office which is embedded in CRG, is responsible for the implementation of EU-LIFE strategy and it is currently composed of the EU-LIFE Coordinator, an EU-LIFE project and policy officer, the communications officer and administrative support. The office is hosted at the EU-LIFE member CRG in Barcelona, Spain.
EU-LIFE is an alliance of independent European research institutes in the life-sciences. Partners in EU-LIFE are renowned institutes that operate with similar principles of scientific and operational excellence, independence, competitiveness, inclusiveness, and internationality. On its daily tasks, office staff interacts closely with the over 180 members of the EU-LIFE working groups of the 15 EU-LIFE member institutes as well as a broad network of stakeholders and organizations from the science, innovation and policy fields across Europe. For further information can be found here.
The EU-LIFE Communications Officer will work under the supervision of the EU-LIFE Coordinator and will be responsible for implementing several tasks in EU-LIFE, ensuring a strong visibility of EU-LIFE activities towards stakeholders and organizations from science, innovation and policy fields across Europe as well as internally within the alliance members. The main tasks of the EU-LIFE Communications Officer are:
- Implementing the EU-LIFE Communication plan according to the EU-LIFE strategy
- Managing EU-LIFE social media and website
- Writing and/or producing online and offline content for EU-LIFE communication tools
- Editing and/or producing multimedia contents
- Supporting interaction with media and external stakeholders including curating contacts and disseminating externally EU-LIFE initiatives, media contacts.
- Promoting internal communication within the EU-LIFE alliance
- Interacting with science communication officers of the 15 EU-LIFE members
- Besides the focus on communication, the communication officer is also expected to contribute to EU-LIFE office general tasks such as, for example, support on events.
- Contract duration: 1-year part time (20hours/week) with option to extend the appointment upon positive evaluation
- Estimated annual gross salary: Salary is commensurate with qualifications and consistent with our pay scales.
- Target start date: As soon as possible
The EU-LIFE office is embedded within the CRG, which is a highly stimulating environment with state-of-the-art infrastructures, and unique professional career development opportunities. To check out our training and development portfolio, please visit our website in the training section.
We offer and promote a diverse and inclusive environment and welcomes applicants regardless of age, disability, gender, nationality, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation or gender identity. The CRG is committed to reconcile a work and family life of its employees and are offering extended vacation period and the possibility to benefit from flexible working hours.
All applications must include:
- A motivation letter addressed to Dr. Marta Agostinho.
- A complete CV including contact details.
- Contact details of two referees.
All applications must be addressed to Dr. Marta Agostinho and be submitted online on the CRG Career site.
Pre-selection: The pre-selection process will be based on qualifications and expertise reflected on the candidates CVS. It will be merit-based.
Interview: Preselected candidates will be interviewed by the EU-LIFE Coordinator and a selection panel in May 2021.
Offer Letter: Once the successful candidate is identified the Human Resources department will send a Job Offer, specifying the start day, salary, working conditions, among other important details.
Deadline: Please submit your application by 30 April 2021.
Suggestions: The CRG believes in ongoing improvement and promotes a culture of feedback. This is one of the reasons we have in place, at your disposal as a candidate, a mechanism to gather your suggestions/complaints concerning your candidate experience in our recruitment processes. Your feedback really matters to us in our aim at creating a positive candidate journey. You can make a difference and help us improve by letting us know your suggestions through the following form.