E-Rare-3 Call for Proposals 2018 is open
The 10th E-Rare-3 Call for Proposals 2018 “Transnational research projects on hypothesis-driven use of multi-omic integrated approaches for discovery of disease causes and/or functional validation in the context of rare diseases” was launched on December 7, 2017.
The following 18 countries participate in this call:
Austria, Belgium, Canada, the Czech Republic, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Israel, Italy, Latvia, Poland, Romania, Spain, Switzerland, the Netherlands and Turkey, with a total budget of 18.54 M€.
The aim of the call is to enable scientists in different countries to build an effective collaboration on a common interdisciplinary research project based on complementarities and sharing of expertise, with a clear translational research approach. Projects shall involve a group of rare diseases or a single rare disease following the European definition i.e. a disease affecting not more than five in 10 000 persons in the European Community, EC associated states and Canada. The research projects have to focus on hypothesis-driven use of multi-omic integrated approaches for discovery of disease causes and/or functional validation in the context of rare diseases.
Translational research proposals must cover at least one of the following areas, which are equal in relevance for this call:
• Combined multi-omics approaches (e.g. epigenomics, transcriptomics, metabolomics, proteomics, etc.) that complement genomics-based gene discovery strategies and that are driven by a lead hypothesis
• Functional validation of clinical or biological inferences obtained from “-omics” results
• Application of “-omics” approaches to rare diseases for which the gene(s) is/are known to enable insight into disease pathophysiology
• Development and application of concepts and methods for pathogenic read-outs of disease groups, which can be used as “blue print” to discover new disease genes and inform pathomechanism
The following approaches and topics are excluded from the scope of the call:
• Approaches concerning rare infectious diseases or rare cancers;
• Approaches concerning rare adverse drug events/medical complications in treatments of common diseases;
• Interventional clinical trials.
The deadline for submitting a pre-proposal is February 6, 2018.
For more information about this call, please visit:
Are you preparing an application? EATRIS can support you with your partner search!
EATRIS can help you identify relevant consortium partners among its 90 academic member institutions, this service is free of charge.
Please contact Anne-Charlotte Fauvel: email@example.com for more information.