Scientific Director EATRIS ERIC
|Date||21 April 2017|
|Location||Amsterdam, The Netherlands|
|Hours||0.7 to 1.0 full time equivalents|
Role of Scientific Director
An experienced individual with an outstanding track record in applied biomedical research is sought for the role of Scientific Director, who together with the Operations & Finance Director make up the Executive Board of EATRIS ERIC. In this capacity s/he will continue the scientific leadership and development of EATRIS, working in close cooperation with the Operations & Finance Director and the community of outstanding translational research scientists residing in the EATRIS partner institutions.
The responsibilities of the Scientific Director include:
- To define and drive the scientific strategy and operations in close cooperation with the Operations & Finance Director, taking into consideration stakeholders’ needs. This shall be done in coordination with the Board of National Directors and the EATRIS Product Platform Chairs;
- Together with the Operations & Finance Director develop and implement the annual work programme;
- To oversee and support the Product Platform Chairs and Co-Chairs, to ensure timely contribution to EATRIS activities, delivery of services as well as coherence and conformance to EATRIS goals;
- To engender an effective, collaborative working environment within and across the technical platforms, with the support of the platform management team in Amsterdam;
- To ensure the scientific soundness and fit of the services requested within EATRIS scope.
- To organize and direct EATRIS participation in strategic EU programmes.
- To develop strong relationships with a broad range of stakeholders including national infrastructure partners, patient organisations, policy-makers, user communities including industry, other research infrastructures, regulatory and funding bodies;
- To perform outreach and advocacy to policymakers and other key stakeholders, and develop strong relationships with key national, European and global organisations and initiatives;
- To ensure organizational compliance with relevant national and international regulations and generally accepted principles;
- To ensure and oversee access to expert resources, such as regulatory and clinical, for use in projects and general advisory;
Relevant qualifications and skills are:
- An MD and/or a PhD degree in biomedical research;
- Solid experience in an international environment, demonstrable ability to engage high level stakeholders from scientific, business and policy communities;
- Proven track record in translational medical research, preferably with both industry and academic experience; experience in open innovation, technology transfer and/or clinical application of biomedical research results (clinical practice guidelines, innovation procedures, etc.)
- Excellent and proven leadership abilities and managerial skills;
- Experience in leading teams or organisations, preferably in international settings;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills,
- Experience and at least general knowledge in translational research technologies and large research infrastructures.
The engagement level ranges from 0.7 to 1.0 full time equivalents, subject to negotiation. We offer a competitive remuneration package, dependent on experience and track record. Expected start date is January 1st, 2018.
EATRIS ERIC is an inclusive, equal opportunities employer offering an exciting executive management role, leading a diverse and dynamic team.
To apply, please send your CV and motivation letter, including a brief outline of your vision for the further development of EATRIS ERIC email@example.com.
Closing date for receipt of applications: June 9th, 2017.