|Workplace||IBBL, Luxembourg Institute of Health (LIH)|
|Date||21 April 2017|
|Hours||1 year fixed-term contract - Full time - Available immediately|
The Biorefinery Technician is responsible for proper sample processing, characterization and documentation in the IBBL Biorefinery
- Processing of clinical samples.
- Perform quality control of processed clinical samples.
- Check quality of clinical samples at all stages.
- Enter associated data into the databases.
- Ensure data, samples and storage record keeping.
- Perform data reconciliation.
- Participation in on-going research and development of novel biobanking techniques.
- Participation in method development and validation in the laboratory accreditation context.
- Ensure the application and following of the quality system at IBBL and respect the procedures related to the work performed. Participate in writing procedures.
- Perform other related duties in the laboratory as required.
- Especially with respect to methods within the ISO 17025 accreditation scope:
- Being responsible for evaluation and approval/rejection of results/samples
- Being responsible for reviewing method validation plans, method validation reports and method validation report amendments
Key Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree ideally in Biology or related field
- Min 1 year of relevant job experience.
- Proficiency in the use of computers relative to technical equipment used and general office software.
- Rigor, attention and high level of accuracy
- Work in full respect of SOPs, Work instructions and Internal Documentations
- Competency at lab bench skills.
- Adaptability and clever interest.
- Be flexible on missions (multitasks and multi priorities), hours of work and workdays.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, team building spirit.
- Written and oral communication skills.
- Previous experience in general laboratory work in an accredited laboratory is an asset
Located in Luxembourg, LIH offers the opportunity to work in a dynamic, international and multilingual environment that values personal respect and professional achievement based on the highest intellectual and ethical standards. The remuneration for this position shall be based on qualification and experience.
Applications including a cover letter and a full curriculum vitae should be sent before 21 May, 2017 through our website www.lih.lu/jobs with the Ref: VD/BT0417/FB/IBBL.