Biobank Technician (m/f)
|Workplace||IBBL, Luxembourg Institute of Health (LIH)|
|Date||04 January 2017|
|Hours||1-2 year fixed-term contract, full time, Tuesday to Saturday, entry date: February 2017|
IBBL, an autonomous institute organised within the Luxembourg Institute of Health (LIH), is offering 2 Biobank Technician positions to reinforce its team.
The Biobank Technician is responsible for proper reception, processing, efficient tracking, optimal storage, logistics, handling and documentation of samples from large cohort projects managed at IBBL. Under the supervision of the Biorepository Team Leader, he/she is also responsible for maintaining the related laboratory areas, their tidiness and functionality in compliance with quality system requirements.
- Receive and process biospecimen samples according to the Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and Work Instruction (WI) related to the work performed.
- Perform biospecimen samples aliquoting using high throughput automated liquid handling processes.
- Perform full range of operations in biorepository:
- Collection kit design according to the corresponding WI
- Consumables ordering and stock management for biorepository
- Kit production and stock management
- Quality control on incoming specimens and data
- Recording of all sample movements in LIMS or other tools
- Management of content of biorepository storage devices including inventories
- Sample retrieval
- Sample destruction
- Packing and shipments in compliance with applicable regulations
- Use of elpro monitoring system
- Issuing elpro change control requests as appropriate
- Management of cryoshippers
- Management of automated laboratory equipments
- Work in full respect of SOPs, Work instructions and Internal Documentations
- Write Standard Operating Procedures in French or English
Key Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- Graduate qualification in a field or discipline relevant to the area of biobanking or Certificate of Advanced Technician (BTS, DUT or ATM), ideally in Biology or related field.
- Min 1 year of relevant job experience.
- Proficiency in the use of computers relative to technical equipment and general office software (Microsoft Office Suite).
- Rigor, attention and high level of accuracy and autonomy
- Ability to manage flexible missions (multitasks and multi priorities) and flexible hours of work.
(workdays : from Tuesday to Saturday)
- Excellent interpersonal skills, team building spirit.
- Competency at lab bench skills.
- Experience with high throughput automated systems.
- Previous work experience in an an accredited environment, a blood bank or clinical laboratory or a specialised logistics company.
- Must speak and write French fluently.
- Must speak and write English (intermediate level).
Located in Luxembourg, LIH offers the opportunity to work in a dynamic, international and multilingual environment that values personal respect and professional achievement based on the highest intellectual and ethical standards. The remuneration for this position shall be based on qualification and experience.
Applications including a cover letter and a full curriculum vitae should be sent before 14th January, 2017 through our website www.lih.lu/jobs with the Ref: VD/BT1216/KB/IBBL.